[tz] Hong Kong listed as UK not China

Paul Eggert eggert at cs.ucla.edu
Tue Mar 15 17:33:16 UTC 2022

On 3/15/22 07:03, Sanjeev Gupta via tz wrote:
> TZ identifiers are generally of the form Continent/City, so Hong Kong is
> listed as Asia/Hong_Kong.

Yes, and our auxiliary tables (e.g., zone1970.tab) have never listed
Hong Kong as part of the UK; they've always associated Asia/Hong_Kong
with the ISO 3166-1 country code HK. If your application lists Hong Kong
under the UK, I suppose it could be a downstream typo (HK -> UK) but
you'd have to contact whoever maintains that application to see what
went wrong.