[tz] Updates on Iranian Time Zone (IRDT)

Mohammad Ali Tofighi alitoumob at gmail.com
Tue Mar 15 17:39:29 UTC 2022

Hi.
Recently the Iranian parliament has decided to remove daylight saving from
the Iranian time zone, eliminating the one-hour shift in the summer time.
Hence, it is always going to be UTC+3:30.
*This is not their final decision yet* and there is a final confirmation to
be made, but I just wanted to inform you about the update to prepare
possible modifications. I'm a software engineer and if we have the update
on *tzdata* package as soon as possible, the software companies can adjust
themselves accordingly.
Please read these official news:
https://www.isna.ir/news/1400122419045/
https://www.yjc.news/00Xw0k