[tz] The State of Palestine has adopted the first part of the specification for its time zone

Sanjeev Gupta ghane0 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 24 14:10:17 UTC 2022

Sir,

I refer particularly to the last sentence of your document: "In the end we
want to confirm that the Palestinian Government have the right to put its
local standards with committing with global standards and database
conventions ."

The Palestinian Government definitely has the right to promulgate local
timekeeping standards, conventions, and naming.  That is not in doubt, I
think.

But the role of the IANA TZ project, to paraphrase, is that we are
descriptive, not prescriptive.  The project records the time as observed on
clocks in general use.  If the local time convention differs from what the
local authorities decree, the project is likely to document both, without
taking a position on the legality, or even only the convention in actual
use.

--
Sanjeev Gupta
+65 98551208     http://www.linkedin.com/in/ghane