[tz] Request to provide .tar.gz tarballs for tzdb

Kim Davies kim.davies at iana.org
Mon May 2 22:42:57 UTC 2022

Dear colleagues,

We’ve been asked by this correspondent to forward this request on to this list. In response to the original request we explained the lzip distribution is largely an amalgam of the gzip distributions, and they indicated they still wanted gzip to be considered specifically to increase “availability for low end systems as lzip isn’t that widely supported”: