[tz] 2021e Asia/Dushanbe

Nick Deguillaume nickledeg at gmail.com
Fri May 13 08:55:23 UTC 2022

Hello,

I am currently developing a C++ time-zone database parser, building on top
of Howard Hinnant's work. I am writing thorough checks.

One Zone check that I am experimenting with is:

*If the FORMAT field contains either a "%s" or a '/' then the RULES field
must contain a named rule.*

However line 3840 of the asia file in:
https://data.iana.org/time-zones/releases/tzdata2021e.tar.gz
fails this check, as highlighted in yellow in the table below.

# Tajikistan
# From Shanks & Pottenger.
# Zone NAME STDOFF RULES FORMAT [UNTIL]
Zone Asia/Dushanbe 04:35:12 - LMT 1924 May  2
    5:00 - +05 1930 Jun 21
    6:00 RussiaAsia +06/+07 1991 Mar 31  2:00s
    5:00 1:00 +05/+06 1991 Sep  9  2:00s
    05:00 - +05
My guess is that '+05/+06' should be '+05'.
I may well be wrong. Could you let me know either way?

If you are interested, I have found a few other bits and pieces where the
data files are in slight variance with the documentation but are not
show-stoppers.
Most of these occur in the very early releases. (I am testing every
database available on https://data.iana.org/time-zones/releases/)

Regards

Nick Deguillaume
+44 75 2828 6473