[tz] Mexico may eliminate DST next year- except parts of some northern states

Paul Eggert eggert at cs.ucla.edu
Fri Sep 2 03:48:32 UTC 2022

On 7/7/22 10:30, World Time Zone via tz wrote:
> "AMLO sends bill to eliminate daylight saving; Mexico to return to
> 'God's time'"
> https://mexiconewsdaily.com/news/amlo-sends-bill-to-eliminate-daylight-saving/

AMLO has broadened his ambitions, and now talking about coalescing
Mexico's four time zones into one. There is no definite proposal yet,
and it's not clear what he would do to clocks near the US border. See:

Arista L. AMLO: se eliminará horario de verano y después se analizará si
se unifica hora [in Spanish]. Expansión. 2022-08-29.
https://politica.expansion.mx/presidencia/2022/08/29/amlo-se-eliminara-el-horario-de-verano-y-despues-se-analiza-si-se-unifica-hora

Back in July I thought that whether Mexico would eliminate DST (except
near the border) would likely be decided by next month. Now I'm not so sure.