[tz] DST in Fiji this year

Paul Eggert eggert at cs.ucla.edu
Wed Sep 13 21:22:27 UTC 2023

On 9/13/23 10:34, Almaz Mingaleev via tz wrote:
> Does anyone know what is Fiji's government plan for 2023-2024?

I haven't heard anything but will let the list know if I do. From past
experience I don't expect a government announcement until late October,
which as you know is not much notice (most likely they'd spring forward
November 5 or 12 if they spring forward at all).

Fiji has not observed DST since 2021-01-17. The current TZDB guess is
that it won't observe DST this summer either. I hope this guess is
correct as it will mean less disruption for people.

If you're curious whether the decision has been made but is not
publicized, you might try calling the office of Agni Deo Singh, Fiji's
Minister of Employment, Productivity and Industrial Relations in the
current coalition government (for contact info see
<https://directory.digital.gov.fj/directory/organisation?orgId=7>). He
was appointed in December and his views on DST may differ from his
predecessor's.