[tz] Unicode CLDR supplemental/windowsZones.xml update? -Brooks Harris

Paul Eggert eggert at cs.ucla.edu
Sun May 26 20:12:25 UTC 2024

On 2024-05-26 12:44, Brooks Harris wrote:
> Hi Pail,
> On 2024-05-26 03:37 PM, Paul Eggert wrote:
>> On 2024-05-26 12:30, Brooks Harris via tz wrote:
>>> What is the best procedure to obtain the latest windowsZones.xml?
>>
>> https://github.com/unicode-org/cldr/blob/main/common/supplemental/windowsZones.xml
>
> This file is identical to the old one I have and does not reflect the
> commits you referred me to.

That's not a file, it's a bunch of info about the file. The info
includes the file contents and a bunch of other stuff. If you just want
the file, click the Raw button.

>>> Is there a record of earlier versions?
>> https://github.com/unicode-org/cldr/commits/main/common/supplemental/windowsZones.xml
>>
>> These are reachable from the earlier URL I emailed.
>
> Right, but no version of windowsZones.xml I can find has those commits
> applied.

? Those changes are visible to me via that URL.

Anyway, try clicking the "Raw" button. It should give you this URL:

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/unicode-org/cldr/main/common/supplemental/windowsZones.xml

and I see the changes there too.