[UA-discuss] July OSCon in Portland - Getting UA in front of developers

Edward Lewis edward.lewis at icann.org
Wed Apr 15 15:07:53 UTC 2015

On 4/15/15, 10:32, "Jothan Frakes" <jothan at jothan.com> wrote:
> The bad news about UA in the developer community is that there is very little
> awareness of new TLDs and IDN - the majority of the developers I speak with
> have little or no awareness of the new TLDs, IDN, or EAI issues.

To address this, I gave this in early February.  That was a shortened
version of what I wanted, shortened to fit in to a 15 mins time slot.

https://www.nanog.org/sites/default/files/nanog63-dnstrack-lewis-newgtlds.pd

The focus of that (NANOG) was to alert ISPs that they may receive customer
tickets related to what amounts to be UA issues.  The same base awareness
needs to be set for developers (who are not ISP/operators).

Should this be added to the ICANN "universalacceptance" page?