[UA-discuss] It only seems likes it's been quiet...

Don Hollander don.hollander at icann.org
Thu Apr 16 20:22:47 UTC 2015

It only seems like it’s been quiet…

Here’s an update of some of what’s been happening in the UASG world:

·     Project Group Coordinators that have been confirmed so far…

o  Top Line Issues – Brent London

o  Community Outreach – Rich Merdinger and Christian Dawson

o  Internationalisation – Dusan Stojicevic and Dennis Tan

o  Measurement and Monitoring – still to be determined

·     A workshop proposal has been submitted to the IGF.  This is
co-sponsored by The DNA and the UASG

·     A workshop proposal has been submitted to the APRIGF (Asia Pacific
Regional IGF)

·     The UA Wiki Page has been updated -
https://community.icann.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=47255444

·     There has been some discussion on the Community Outreach Project Group
mailing list about things that the group can do.  Please continue to make
contribution there.

·     An outline for a quarterly newsletter has been established.  We’re
currently looking for a couple of case studies.  Please let me know directly
if you have some ideas.

Now that three out of the four Project Groups have coordinators these groups
will start work on clarifying the scope, coming up with ideas to do in the
next twelve months, and starting to work.

We’ve also booked space for a full-day workshop on the Sunday during the
ICANN meeting in Buenos Aires.  Please share what you would like in this
workshop.