[UA-discuss] What are the main things to do in UASG?

Mark Svancarek marksv at microsoft.com
Mon Feb 16 21:43:35 UTC 2015

Yes, I also agree with Michele and Nick.

As a starter:

"International character sets, whether in Unicode or Punycode, are inconsistently managed by existing software products and existing online services.  These inconsistencies arise both from non-support of the RFCs or from support for outdated versions of these RFCs.

Software and service providers have historically had little market or regulatory incentive to invest in solutions which would bring true interoperability to platforms or applications.  Democratization of computing and greater availability of Internationalized Domain Names are likely to upset this status quo.

A coordinated industry effort is required to ensure a timely and practical resolution to this pending  change."