[UA-discuss] What are the main things to do in UASG?

Edmon Chung edmon at registry.asia
Tue Feb 17 01:13:10 UTC 2015

I agree with you Michele that this is not an issue limited to IDNs, however,
I still believe that if we solve the IDN issue, we will solve the ASCII new
TLD issue.

So as a "moral high ground" if you will, for ICANN with this as a
community-wide project, I think it is better to have IDN be the "primary"
focus so that it gets the support from the whole community. If we had a
primary focus on ASCII TLDs, I worry we will lose the support we need from
many parts of the community.

That is not to say we only focus on IDN.  But the IDN banner I believe helps
us rally this as a global effort for the Internet.

Edmon