[UA-discuss] Regarding "RTL"

Ram Mohan rmohan at afilias.info
Sun Feb 22 01:32:05 UTC 2015

The expectation is also that the OS, mail agents and smtp servers properly
understand RTL or LTR context and interpret the @ correctly in order to
effect proper mail routing.

iirc, a lot depends upon the "first touch" system which converts the
address into a standard ascii-based string. If it gets it wrong, there is
nothing downstream systems can do, and the mail is effectively lost.

Ram

Ram Mohan
EVP & CTO
+1.215.431.0958