[UA-discuss] IGF Workshop Proposal: Universal Acceptance

Don Hollander don at i2.org.nz
Sat Feb 28 08:31:30 UTC 2015

I think this is a good idea too, Kurt.

I see this as more awareness building and getting message out and perhaps identifying at least some good practice in case there’s not enough examples to come up with best practice.

One topic to consider is looking at different models applied in different countries for addressing the issues.

I am aware that China has done some work to advance the email issues.   I’m also aware that Thailand is looking to do some work as well.    The Russian IGF has a session devoted to the Cyrillic script community.

I would also like to see if we can use the same or similar proposal for the APRIGF (Asia Pacific IGF) where many of the IDN issue as well as many new gTLDs are based.

Don