[UA-discuss] Preparing a Budget request

Jeffrey Sass jeff at nic.club
Sat Feb 28 23:21:38 UTC 2015

Great feedback from all.  I think part of the budget question is making funds available for paid media, to spread the UA word in a positive fashion to raise awareness that domain names are here, growing, and important, so that businesses and services recognize they need to address acceptance issues because the consumers are coming.  Raising consumer awareness puts pressure on for Universal Acceptance because if demand for domain names of all shapes and sizes is there, it behooves all the stakeholders to make sure their #*#* works.  :-)

 I also think this group could develop a strategy to reach out to high profile acceptance challenges, where a single fix can have a widespread impact.  For example, if new gTLDs don't resolve in the default Samsung mobile browser, getting Samsung to correct it will impact literally millions of devices.  That's a big win for UA. Perhaps we should try to categorize such "big" opportunities and target them sooner rather than later.

Thanks again to everyone.

Jeffrey Sass, CMO
.CLUB Domains, LLC
Direct: (+1) 954-256-9334