[UA-discuss] Any help needed?

Rubens Kuhl rubensk at nic.br
Mon Jul 13 21:57:22 UTC 2015

> Em 13/07/2015, à(s) 10:06:000, Miguel Ignacio Estrada <miestrada at gmail.com> escreveu:
>
> Thanks Don!
>
> Does this Community Outreach group has a special mailing list?
>
> Knowing I am new to this group and maybe this was already discussed, Iwanted to ask, since you are already focusing in software companies, wouldn't it be a good idea to include IPv6 w-ithin the topics? Many softwares may be sensible to this change since they could be storing visitors or users IP addresses.

On the storing visitors or users IP addresses, it's very little to none related to UA... but there are some specific IPv6 UA challenges out there, like not being able to give an IPv6 address to an application that will use the underlying library that is already IPv6-enabled but a regex mask only allows for numbers and dots, not numbers, colons and a-f letters.

Target audience is somewhat different than what has already been discussed, so my suggestion would be to limit to confirm that our own instruction materials are not IPv4-only. So, if in a example we mention a DNS name and a possible IP alternative, we list both IPv4 and IPv6 examples. If we mention a DNS mapping between a hostname and an IP, we mention one with both A and AAAA records...

... not being part of the problem also contributes to the solution.

Rubens