[UA-discuss] News from the UASG...

Richard Merdinger rmerdinger at godaddy.com
Mon May 4 23:16:16 UTC 2015

Agree.

From: ua-discuss-bounces at icann.org [mailto:ua-discuss-bounces at icann.org] On Behalf Of Brent London
Sent: Monday, May 04, 2015 11:56 AM
To: Tan Tanaka, Dennis
Cc: UA-discuss at icann.org
Subject: Re: [UA-discuss] News from the UASG...

I agree with Dennis. One other point:

4. Working lunches prevent the lunch period from doubling as a break, which makes it more difficult for the later sessions to be productive.

On Mon, May 4, 2015 at 9:23 AM, Tan Tanaka, Dennis <dtantanaka at verisign.com<mailto:dtantanaka at verisign.com>> wrote:
Hi Don,

Having a working lunch during the International session is not ideal; however I recognize the challenges of making everything fit. Then, I would suggest we move lunch to 13:15 (customary in Argentina) for 30 minutes and then start the M&M session. Another option would be to start lunch at 11:40 and extend the break for 10 more minutes, and then have the International session. Here is why:

1.       People would be busy and distracted getting lunch, so there’s no point in starting the workshop if nobody is paying attention.
!

2.       The people facilitating the workshop, namely Dusan and I, would have the chance to eat first and then focus entirely in facilitating the workshop.

3.       We can still do the “working lunch”, but let’s have a “core lunch” time and then the “working lunch”.

My two cents,
Dennis