[UA-discuss] Hackathon @ ICANN55

Mike Silber mike.silber at icann.org
Thu Nov 12 05:52:48 UTC 2015

Rubens and Don +1

The ccNSO / ccTLD community have a tech day. Try not to overlap and engage with the organizers and coordinate as far as possible. Don't expect too much though.

Regional IDN ccTLDs are a great place to start.

Avoid the corporate communications machine from getting hold of this and turning it into something it is not. Under promise (or don't promise at all) and over deliver.

While no one should be excluded, ensure invitations and communications make it clear that this is a technical engagement and policy discussions happen elsewhere.

Consider travel funding specifically for this. To me the criteria would be technical skill and regional location!

Just my 2c (and at current exchange rates that is about $0,0018) so take it for what it is worth.

Mike