[UA-discuss] UA Plans for the next 3 months

Ram Mohan rmohan at afilias.info
Fri Nov 13 21:34:07 UTC 2015

Folks,

It’s been a few weeks since the UA group met virtually and in person in
Dublin, sustaining the momentum and drive that has made this effort an
important and community supported initiative that is going from strength to
strength.

In the next few weeks, I will provide an update of the activities to date,
and of the plans that we are making for the upcoming year. In 2016, the UA
effort must move from effort to effect, and demonstrate the outcomes of the
hard work of the many volunteers contributing.

I’m updating my 2014 blog post on CircleID on Universal Acceptance [More
Problems Crop Up With Universal Acceptance of Top Level Domains
<http://www.circleid.com/posts/20140207_more_problems_crop_up_universal_acceptance_of_top_level_domains/>]
– Christian Dawson has volunteered to help. *If you have data regarding
problems or successes with UA in your TLD, please send me an email.* Brent
London is making progress on the Technical topics, and Mark Svancarek is
kicking off the metrics component. Rich Merdinger & Christian are focusing
on outreach and communications efforts for 2016. Dennis Tan & Dusan
Stojicevic are concentrating on the IDN and EAI pieces, an area that
overlaps the work that Brent is doing.

We are planning to kick off 2016 with a face to face meeting on January 14
and 15 in Washington DC, and will take up the kind offer from ICANN to host
at their downtown DC offices. As is our norm, there will be an open
conference bridge, and the meeting will be recorded. *Those who would like
to attend in person should inform Don* cc’ing me about your intent to
attend. The conference room in DC holds about 20 people comfortably, and 25
in a stretch.

As you know, the work we are doing is not possible without your attention,
energy and ability. We are grateful for the work you are already doing, and
we need more of it in the year coming up.

Regards,

Ram

Chair, UASG

Ram Mohan

Executive Vice President & CTO

Afilias |Ireland|Canada|USA|India

o: +1.215.706.5700 x103; m: +1.215.431.0958; f: +1.215.706.5701

Skype: gliderpilot30