[UA-discuss] Ideas of Publicly Accessible Test Suite of domain names

Don Hollander don.hollander at icann.org
Fri Oct 2 07:35:43 UTC 2015

Dear all:

One of the tasks that’s being consider is the create of a Test Suite of domain names and e-mail addresses that can be used to test an application for it’s UA readiness.

This might include:

1.     Ascii.com

2.     Invalid TLD

3.     Ascii.nTLD

4.     Ascii.punycode

5.     Ascii.unicode

6.     Unicode.unicode

7.     Long TLD

8.     Five Character TLD

9.     Nascent TLD

Some people may be happy to register their own domain name for each of the categories - but not everyone might.  Particularly for the Unicode.unicode.

I’m wondering if people have any ideas of how we might be able to create a public resource that people can use to test their systems if they don’t want to secure their own domain names?    One thought had been to set up a mailing list that is publicly visible and people can access that to see if their welcome message appears.

I would very much welcome those of you with a Geeky bent to let me know (on or off list) of any ideas the you think might work.

Thanks.