[UA-discuss] Universal Acceptance Program for Dublin ... and other news

Don Hollander don.hollander at icann.org
Fri Oct 9 06:43:28 UTC 2015

Please find attached the Universal Acceptance Program for Dublin.

You’ll see the rooms as well as the remote participation link for the Sunday.  (Monday’s is still be set up)

The schedule and structure are set, some of the participants may change.

Please note that the Sunday Workshop is intended as a workshop and will have few standard presentations.   (Ashwin and Avri are the noted exceptions)

I am particularly keen to build a broad discussion on what’s happening around the world on the session that starts at 9:30, so I would welcome active participation in this space.

Please also note that Lunch will be provided on Sunday.

IF you have any questions or comments, please do let me know.

Many thanks for those who have volunteered to be active participants.

I’m looking forward to seeing many of you in just over a week’s time.

Don Hollander

PS:  There are other things happening within the UASG of note:
Brent London is expanding his circle of EAI participants.  If you’re involved in an EAI project and aren’t part of Brent’s Circle of Friends, then please get in touch with him directly.
Mark Svancarek has release version 3 of his Introduction to UA.  http://1drv.ms/1G0AB1g
We’ve got a paper on Use Cases out for comment.  Once we get agreement on this, we’ll secure some relevant domain names.  https://docs.google.com/document/d/1i2pI3byK5XXvFVeelWJGHsrjeNU4QLe7q_wXsXWtuwg/edit
I’m working on learning the RFP process using a Pilot Website evaluation project as my guinea pig.
We’ve developed a note to the GAC to introduce them to the concept
We’re just about (I hope) finished with a UA Fact Sheet that we’ll use at the IGF next month
We’ve started talking about “Linkification" and Mark Svancarek has started some documentation around this.  We’ll spend some time on this at the Sunday workshop in Dublin.
And we know that several very large organisations outside of the ICANN community have started looking at UA issues.