[UA-discuss] Report on Universal Acceptance at ICANN54

Don Hollander don.hollander at icann.org
Wed Oct 21 04:53:30 UTC 2015

Ron,

Thanks for your note.

As I indicated when i sent the short update note, over the next week - spare time while still in Dublin and then when I get home several days later, I’ll be producing a more fulsome report of activities, discussions and decisions.  That will include specific tasks, owners, and dates.

We have produced some specific work leading up to Dublin which I identified in my pre-Dublin report:
·       We are now on the third iteration of our “Introduction to Universal Acceptance”  (http://1drv.ms/1G0AB1g <http://1drv.ms/1G0AB1g>).   Rather than ‘finish’ this in Dublin (and there are still sections that haven’t even been started), we agreed to break it up into smaller documents which will be easier for us as a group to review and sign-off and get ‘published’ for people who are asking for them.  The Definition of UA Ready is one of the topics.

·       We’re developing a Test Suite of use cases.  We’re also planning on registering names relevant to the use cases and finding a way that smaller developers can make use of the domains.  https://goo.gl/sJYm3P <https://goo.gl/sJYm3P>   The comment period for this document finished just before Dublin.  There were only minor comments.   We’ll take this document and register some names that we can use as specific examples.

We should also tidy up the sample text to send to webmaster when people (not just people acting as part of the UASG) encounter a website that doesn’t act like they want it to.   The draft is at https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Efsao9I6ko4_ohQAxrW_xogma2il6jVrsphA9DHrLVo/edit <https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Efsao9I6ko4_ohQAxrW_xogma2il6jVrsphA9DHrLVo/edit> where you can see we’ve already had translation into a host of languages.

I hope this helps and that you’ll be a little bit more patient while the things that are ready are tidied up and published.

Don