[UA-discuss] FW: ICANN News Alert -- ICANN and UASG Announce Results of Universal Acceptance Study for New gTLDs

Jothan Frakes jothan at jothan.com
Wed Sep 16 15:34:33 UTC 2015

I appreciate the report, and hope it will ultimately drive more awareness
and resourcing that are sorely needed.

I am not speaking in an official capacity for Mozilla, but based upon my
unique perspective related to their handling of IDN, I have some concerns
on IDN methodology, specifically as it relates to the results with Mozilla
Firefox and Flash behavior  -  there are versions that behave differently
in combination.

As a general comment, there are some deliberate and well-vetted security
protections and behavior that is based upon installed languages of the
user, and these factors may certainly have skewed the fail level reported.