[UA-discuss] Happy New Year, welcome back and a draft Budget

Don Hollander don.hollander at icann.org
Thu Jan 7 05:22:35 UTC 2016

Dear all…

I hope that everyone has had a good break and are keen to see (and help)  some progress happen with regard to Universal Acceptance in this new year.

There is a UA Coordination Group meeting at the end of next week.  Details and a draft agenda have already been sent out.   I’ll send out a revised agenda early next week and we’ll try to stick to times so people can link in when a topic of interest to them arises, but please bear with us if reality interferes and we finish a topic early (or late).

ICANN has asked for an indicative budget and action plan for the FY16/17 year.

Please find attache a draft document toward that end.   Your comments on activities and numbers would be appreciated.   If there’s something there you think we shouldn’t do, speak up.  if there’s something missing, keen to hear that too.  If you think the dollars allocated are unrealistic, provide suggestion for improving this please.

Thank you for your participation, either active or passive.   I look forward to a fulfilling 2016.