[UA-discuss] UA issue

Tan Tanaka, Dennis dtantanaka at verisign.com
Tue Jan 19 23:35:56 UTC 2016

Dusan, I'm not sure this is an UA issue. At least, not at face value.

I'm not expert, but I would ask: Is the email 'me at michele.irish' a workable email address? I.e. does a MX record exist for Michele.irish and does the mail server approve or reject a query to the recipient address (i.e. 'me')?

These online tools: http://www.verifyemailaddress.org/  and http://mailtester.com/testmail.php found that the e-mail address 'me at michele.irish' did not exist or was not responsive at the time of validation, therefore, while the syntax may be correct, 'me at michele.irish' was not a valid mailbox . Of course, I'm making this statement using just two test cases, but you get the idea.

Here is the sample response from verifyemailaddres.org:

MX record found: siracusa.mneylon.com (Priority 30)
Connecting to siracusa.mneylon.com
Connected to siracusa.mneylon.com
Dialog with siracusa.mneylon.com ok ------------------------------------------------------------
220 mailserver1.blacknight.ie ESMTP Postfix (Ubuntu)
HELO verifyemailaddress.org
250 mailserver1.blacknight.ie
MAIL FROM: <noreply at verifyemailaddress.org>
250 2.1.0 Ok