[UA-discuss] UA Coordination Group August Call

Don Hollander don.hollander at icann.org
Sat Jul 30 20:26:10 UTC 2016

This is notice of a UA Coordination Group call on 3 August 2016 @ 23:00 UTC - our normal meeting time and place

Please note other upcoming calls:

   -          EAI Working Group - 1st week of August.  Let me know if you're running or building an EAI system and want to attend
   -          Programming Evaluation Criteria.  Currently waiting for the first draft of this to be completed.  Once this is done, we'll convene a call to go over it.
   -          UA Ready Criteria working group. Depending on the outcome of this UA Coordination Group call, if we decide to work on this, then we'll convene a call in August
   -          UA Issue Logging.  Depending on the outcome of this UA Coordination Group call, if we decide to work on this, then we'll convene a call in August.
   -          There may also be a continuation of this call if we don't get to everything.

Any questions or comments and request for speaking slots, please let me know.

Don

Agenda

UA Coordination Group

August 2016

Date: 3 August 16 23:00 UTC

https://icann.adobeconnect.com/universalacceptance

MobileUSA
        tel://1-719-325-2630,*,,7375086559#<tel://1-719-325-2630,*,,7375086559/>

MobileNZ:
        tel://0800-459-127,*,,7375086559#

MobileHK
        tel://800-968-082,*,,7375086559#

MobileUK
        tel://0800-368-0950,*,,7375086559#

Phone Only Controls :
        https://go.conferencinghub.com/1n1zr

Other numbers available by request.

August 2016

1.      Attendance/Apologies

2.      Review of June 2016 Meeting Notes

3.      Actions from June 2016 Meeting

        *         We'll develop an on-line survey on the UASG's performance and opportunities for the future.   This will probably be issued immediately at the end of the UA presentation in Helsinki - Only just started

*         Unicode Conference in Santa Clara November 1 - 3.  Possible inclusion in the Breaking All Barriers section.

4.      UA @ ICANN56

5.      Current Projects Update
        *         UA Use Case

      o   Do we include an emoji.TLD Use case?

*         Browser Review

*         Programming Language Frameworks Review & Mitigation

      o   Criteria

      o   Reviews

      o   Mitigation

*         White Paper

*         IETF/Unicode Consortium

*         Website Evaluations

*         IDG CIO Executive Council

6.      Current Document Review
        *         UASG003 - Revision of UA Fact Sheet

*         UASG011 - FAQs

7.      Potential Projects
        *         Problem Logging

*         UA Readiness Criteria

*         UA Readiness Automated Evaluation Tool(s)

*         UA in the Internet Industry

*         University Lectures - UA & EAI

*         M3WAAG Membership ($1,000 - not for profit, but ICANN is already a member)

*         UA Conference

*         Whack-a-mole?  How to engage the North American and European CIOs?

8.      EAI
        *         Group Creation

*         EAI Ready Evaluation Criteria

      o   Client

      o   Server

*         EAI Readiness Evaluation Project

      o   Criteria for inclusion in the evaluation

*         Quick Guide to EAI

9.      Communications/PR Activities
        *         Local Outreach

      o   Australian Pilot