[UA-discuss] Review of UASG 002 - Outreach to Webmasters

Dirk Bhagat dirk at get.club
Sun Jun 5 21:27:21 UTC 2016

Hi All

If this is part of a direct outreach effort, couple of points/experience on
this:

1. Suggest having a description of ICANN, its role and responsibilities and
a sentence or two about the Universal Acceptance Working Group (from who
I'm assuming this letter is addressed).

2. Anytime I've corresponded with someone on this personally, i've included
info in the email about the new TLDs.
e.g. ".club has been delegated by ICANN in early 2014 and there now over
800,000 customers that use a .Club domain. Some of our customers include
Coffee.club, Soap.club, Eat.club to name a few. Collectively, there are now
more than X million customers worldwide that have registered a domain with
one of the new extensions.".

3. Ask for a timetable on when the issue will be resolved
"As the UASG is tasked with creating ensuring that all technical systems
accept new names going forward, we are asking all non-compliant systems to
indicate when they will be able to bring their systems into compliance.

4. A link to a technical page about how to get a system accept new domains
in various programming languages would be good if one exists.
e.g. how to validate in JS,php etc..

Just my $0.02 on a sunny sunday afternoon in Toronto :)

--
Dirk Bhagat

CoFounder, CTO
.CLUB DOMAINS LLC.