[UA-discuss] ICANN EAI infrastructure

Edmon Chung edmon at registry.asia
Tue Mar 29 05:51:41 UTC 2016

jumping on this discussion to rekindle an earlier thread with Brent and others about the implementation challenge for EAI, especially with the lack of "downgrading" and some "backwards compatibility".

At the meeting in Marrakech, we explored this a bit further and thought maybe some sort of service discovery mechanism to retrieve an alternate address be developed for situations such as mailing lists or forwarded/replied/cc-ed emails especially where additional emails were added to a thread who are not EAI ready.

I wonder if anyone on the list is interested to further look into the issue and propose such mechanism(s)... or at least produce some document for what to do in such cases, which could help in the EAI implementation...

Edmon