[UA-discuss] [UA-Discuss] Acceptance Tests done for sites

Dirk Bhagat dirk at get.club
Thu May 19 16:42:36 UTC 2016

Hi Alina

Those numbers sound reasonable and are good insights.

For example, from our tests  if we removed the number of sites we couldn't
test, then the number of sites where .club was accepted would stand around
83%, which is more inline with your calc for a 4 character ascii tld like
.CLUB.
The being said, would the top 500 alexa sites be a truly representative
sample?, I don't know. Also, financial institutions and government
institutions don't show up as part of the Alexa top 500 but are also very
important.

I would also say that while the testing is relatively easy (but tedious),
 the outreach and follow up (as one part of the strategy) is where the real
difficulty lies and I'm hopeful that with ICANN's financial support we can
undertake this effort and make a meaningful dent.

Thank you.
--
Dirk Bhagat

CoFounder, CTO