[UA-discuss] Some universal acceptance problems last 15+ years...

Jothan Frakes jothan at jothan.com
Thu Sep 29 00:32:52 UTC 2016

Ram-

This example you provided is a good one - because it demonstrates something
different within the UA which is potential bias by the programmer or user
specifications of the development or IT team against non-COM/NET.

On the one hand, there is the Y2K-like issue where 'VALID' TLDs were hard
coded and caused exceptions due to lack of awareness.  On the other hand
this appears to be that there was awareness of other TLDs.

I have found it particularly challenging to overcome such bias for status
quo as a part of convincing developers that code requires revisiting to
accommodate the new normal.

-Jothan

Jothan Frakes
Tel: +1.206-355-0230