[UA-discuss] 69 New Emoji Have Been Approved By Unicode - Just in case you thought this Emoji stuff was a flash in the pan 🍳💥

Mark Svancarek marksv at microsoft.com
Mon Apr 3 16:24:36 UTC 2017

Further clarifying:
My opinions apply to anything outside of IDNA, not just emoji – if it’s not allowed by IETF and/or IDNA, it’s problematic.

That doesn’t mean our point of view can’t involve trying to influence IETF and IDNA.  I think  those might be interesting courses of action if we want to sign up for something difficult.  I don’t know that we have the level of commitment for that. As Andrew explains, it would be tricky and hard and long-term, so it is a good topic for discussion at UASG.