[UA-discuss] EAI Workshop - Redmond Washington, April 12 & 13

Don Hollander don.hollander at icann.org
Thu Apr 6 00:54:52 UTC 2017

The following is the program for the EAI Workshop in Redmond Washington USA next week.

Note that it starts at 13:00 on the 12th.

Copy in PDF also attached.

You are planning on attending and your name is not on the agenda, do please let me know.

Similarly, if your name is on the agenda and you are NOT planning to attend, please let me know that too.

Agenda

EAI Gathering

Organised by the UASG

April 12-13, 2017

Version 2017-04-06

http://participate.icann.org/universalacceptance <http://participate.icann.org/universalacceptance>

MobileUSA

tel://1-719-325-2630,*,,7375086559# <tel://1-719-325-2630,*,,7375086559>
MobileNZ:

tel://0800-459-127,*,,7375086559#

MobileHK

tel://800-968-082,*,,7375086559#

MobileUK

tel://0800-368-0950,*,,7375086559#

Phone Only Controls :

https://go.conferencinghub.com/1n1zr <https://go.conferencinghub.com/1n1zr>

Other numbers available by request.

Meeting starts at 13:00 on April 12 – Pacific Time

Wednesday 12 April 2017

13:00

1.     Attendance/Apologies

Arnt GulBrandsen

Chen Yingtang

Coremail

Don Hollander

UASG

Franck Martin

LinkedIN

Jan Nelson

Microsoft

Jiankang Yao

CNNIC

Joseph Yee

Afilias

Lin Yanzhong

Coremail

Mark Svancarek

Microsoft

Michael Slusarz

Open Exchange

Sam Clement

Microsoft

Sri Ramya Mallipudi

Microsoft

Stuart Stuple

Microsoft

Teerayut Hiruntaraporn

ThroughWave

2.     Agenda Adjustments

13:15

3.     Objectives

Mark & Yao

·      Guidance on mailbox name management when encountering non-EAI compliant systems

·      Guidance on RTL scripts and mailbox and domain names

·      Criteria for EAI Ready

·      Exchange of test accounts

·      Inventory of EAI efforts

·      Future Plans for EAI group of UASG

·      Identification of Open Source: Client (MUA), Server (MTA), Web based solution.

·      Ideas on EAI Day

·      How to reach out to other mail software and service providers.

4.     Introductions

Each participating organisation will provide a five-minute introduction covering them, their organization, the state of their EAI implementation and issues to be resolved.

5.     EAI Landscape

·      Who’s doing what that we know of

·      Who don’t we know about that we should

·      Other

6.     Use Cases

Review of UASG004

7.     RFCs

Discussion on the RFCs.   Challenging aspects, suggestions for changes, missing components, adequacy

15:30

Break

16:00

Interoperability Testing

18:30

Group Dinner

Thursday, 13 April 2017

9:00

Recap/Parking Lot Issues

Don

9:15

8.     Quick Guide to EAI – A Close Reading

9.     Introduction to EAI

Develop table of content

10:30

Break

11:00

10.  Interoperability Testing

13:00

Lunch

14:00

11.  Fuzzy Issues

·      Dealing with Right-to-Left Scripts

·      Normalisation

·      ASCII Equivalent Mailbox Names

·      Edge Cases

15:30

12.  EAI Day

13.  Parking Lot Review

14.  Any Other Business

15.  Communique Review

Accommodation: Seattle Marriott Redmond  for 239.00 USD  per night

Book your group rate for UASG Room Block

Venue: Microsoft campus, Building 122 - https://binged.it/2mVcj4v[binged.it] <https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__binged.it_2mVcj4v&d=DwMGaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=YI0XKyKCabKQi3GVWLvuoyCWjH9WBgEBxLbMnmhSRwo&m=jtWVCkzRIyUhAT5CrAkpVyWncjxtP4Rg8xbe9JJQ4_c&s=iSFj-YUXt2-OPiNumk9xdwIcJQGNcxrvhY48DOf8fYQ&e=>

Don

Don Hollander
Universal Acceptance Steering Group
Skype: don_hollander