[UA-discuss] UASG CIO Targeted Outreach

Don Hollander don.hollander at icann.org
Tue Aug 15 23:12:21 UTC 2017

Dear all:

The UASG Comms working group has many projects on the go.  We are working to get guest editorials published in Association newsletters, promoting media coverage of published report, producing blog posts on our website, raising issues within LinkedIn community, and more.

One project is to directly targeting CIOs.   This builds on the success that Ram Mohan often talks about when .info first started and he sent physical letters to CIOs – who had previously ignored emails.  It worked because receiving something in the post is so unusual that they paid attention.

We want to pilot a similar approach.  We’ll be testing letter content, measurements of engagement, and delivery channel.

Our first pilot group is the Fortune 400-500 companies.

A list is available at https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1CBeyViVJs-ZZaT5KF3NY_bJiwy_iD_GjCWfqLmyGkp0/edit?usp=sharing

If you know someone in our target audience who works for one of these companies, can you please either update the spreadsheet indicating that you know them or send me (off list) an introduction.

We believe that an introduction from someone known will have a more likely positive response.

Deadline for response is 23 August 2017.

Thanks.