[UA-discuss] Govt announces official use of IDNs / EAI

Satish Babu sb.inapp at gmail.com
Wed Aug 30 02:41:37 UTC 2017

I totally agree on the need to measure and monitor progress.

satish

On Aug 30, 2017 8:09 AM, "Andrew Sullivan" <ajs at anvilwalrusden.com> wrote:

On Wed, Aug 30, 2017 at 08:00:26AM +0530, Satish Babu wrote:
> This is a great step for IDNs and UA...and hopfully, a significant step
> forward in making the Internet available for millions who know no language
> other than their own.

I wasn't trying to suggest otherwise.  I was rather hoping that such a
large deployment would be accompanied by some measurement, so that we
can know how it succeeds and fails.  Addressing failures is how we got
most of what is the Internet today.  It'd be a shame not to measure
them in this case.

Andrew Sullivan
ajs at anvilwalrusden.com