[UA-discuss] Spam Filtering

Andre Schappo A.Schappo at lboro.ac.uk
Wed Feb 8 16:47:52 UTC 2017

I have previously tested email exchanges between my DataMail 小山@电邮.在线 and my gmail. All fine, without any problems.

Recently I tested sending email from my DataMail 小山@电邮.在线 to some people on gmail. Mostly they report that my email to them goes into their gmail Spam/Junk folder. I deduce that the gmail spam filtering software is treating chinese/unicode email addresses less favourably than ascii email addresses. There does appear to be a UA problem with the gmail spam detection software. I think there will be UA issues with other spam detection/filtering systems.

Anyone from Google on this list?

André Schappo