[UA-discuss] UA Programming Language Evaluation Criteria - V0.98

Don Hollander don.hollander at icann.org
Tue Jul 18 19:43:44 UTC 2017

Here’s an update as to where we’re at with the UASG Open Source Programming Language Review and Mitigation efforts.

1)            We put out the Help Wanted ad early last year and received four reasonable responses.   We worked to engage with all four.

2)            In the end because of a variety of reasons - inability to agree to a contract, the amount of time it took to agree to a contract, the amount of time it took to take the first step, etc we’ve ended with one participant in the project.

3)            We’ve had a couple of discussions on the nature of the Evaluation Criteria.   Comments have been taken into account as have experiences derived from the review of three frameworks to create the latest version of the Evaluation Criteria.   This is now available at https://docs.google.com/document/d/1A2UWHRnyUy4qYRR_QOSdNAwuiX-AuXwwIPat9xRlOXw/edit?usp=sharing    It is certainly more extensive.  Comments are very much welcome and if there’s interest we can have a call in early August to go through the document collectively.

The next steps:

a)            We’ll have a call in August to go through the evaluation process and results of the three frameworks reviewed (and a separate call on the Evaluation Criteria if there’s interest)

b)            We’ll look to have another Help Wanted process to allow others to participate now that we have better clarity.

c)             We’ll also look at a Bug Bounty program to help accelerate remediation.

If you have comments or questions, please let me know.

Don

Don Hollander

Universal Acceptance Steering Group

Skype: don_hollander