[UA-discuss] UA for Egyptian Hieroglyph IDNs

Hazem Hezzah hhezzah.las at gmail.com
Thu Jun 8 23:26:36 UTC 2017

Hello,

I tried to install the Noto Egyptian Hieroglyph font, but still only get empty boxes displayed instead of the Hieroglyph symbols.
Tried it in Chrome, Firefox and Opera.
1. How can the symbols be displayed?
2. Even if it needs special settings, will it be feasible for the average user to browse sites with Hieroglyphs URLs and not get those empty boxes?

Regards,
Hazem Hezzah