[UA-discuss] APrIGF Workshop: "Universal Acceptance: An Elixir to Inclusive and Multilingual Internet" - Invitation to participate as speaker in APrIGF 2017

Harish Chowdhary harish at nixi.in
Sun Mar 12 13:47:20 UTC 2017

Dear,I have proposed a workshop titled "Universal Acceptance: An Elixir to Inclusive and Multilingual Internet" to present at APrIGF scheduled on 26-29 July 2017 in Bangkok, Thailand.2.            Our open discussions/workshop  will primarily focus the issues of Implementation of Universal Acceptance via Multilingual Internet through IDN's (Internationalized Domain Names) and E-mail Address Internationalization so that we may connect remaining 57% population of the world to the internet in their local/Native language.3.            Many communities are actively and independently working to realize various components of multilingual internet viz. Support for local languages on various browsers and operating systems, partial support on email clients and servers, availability of software keypads and fonts for local languages, availability of some web content in loca
 l languages (though not significant), translation option from English to some of the local languages etc. However, there are still many challenges that need to be addressed.4.            We anticipate the open forum to be organized with the experts discussing the following issues	"Interoperability issues of internationalized e-mail addresses viz.e-mail Addresses in local Languages".	Universal acceptance of Internationalized Domain Names (IDNs)	Another most important issues is lack of Awareness, about the availability of IDNs and EAI (E-mail Address internationalization), many language tools, like fonts and virtual keypads, lack of standardization.5.         It is an effort to bring all the stakeholders to a forum to solve issues related to Universal acceptance.6.         The Internet community in the Asia Pacific needs to play an important role to help in this
  multi-stakeholder effort given that over 50% of all languages of the world are spoken and used in the region. Establishing a platform and/or forum might be a suitable first step to develop awareness and collect information to deal with all the issues each community has in relation to using and accessing IEAs (Internationalized e-mail addresses) and IDNs.7.         I kindly request you to confirm your availability as speaker for the proposed workshop by 14th March 2017.8.         Awaiting your confirmation at the earliest.You may send the confirmation mail to harish at nixi.in9.        Please suggest more speakers who are going to attend APrIGF and want to contribute in the workshop as confirmed speaker. Thanks,Harish Chowdhary,National Internet Exchange of Indiaharish at nixi.in

[NIXI is on Social-Media too. Kindly follow us at:
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/nixiindia & Twitter: @inregistry ]