[UA-discuss] SAC095 - SSAC Advisory on the Use of Emoji in Domain

Andrew Sullivan ajs at anvilwalrusden.com
Wed May 31 15:59:31 UTC 2017

On Wed, May 31, 2017 at 03:49:21PM +0000, Andre Schappo wrote:
> My standard practice is to make, whenever possible, my links WYSIWYG. I think it a good practice. Sometimes it is not possible because of overly long and complex URLs.

It's never actually been a recommendation from hypertext people,
however.  They've always suggested that you should put links liberally
in running text that is in itself nicely readable.  So,

as opposed to

    In a previous post, which you can find at <a
    href="target">target</a>, we discussed UA …

Why do you think it's a good practice?  It makes for very stilted
text.

Andrew Sullivan
ajs at anvilwalrusden.com