[UA-discuss] The Open Dot as a label delimiter in Chinese and Japanese

Andrew Sullivan ajs at crankycanuck.ca
Fri Nov 3 03:07:04 UTC 2017

The problem is that in the protocol anything other than ASCII dot doesn't work.  So some client mapping needs to be done.  See RFC 5895 for some suggestions about this.

It's up to applications. But comparisons with running text are misleading and confused, because domain names aren't running text.

⁣Sent from Blue ​