[UA-discuss] Progress on HTML and email...

Satish Babu sb.inapp at gmail.com
Sun Nov 12 04:04:15 UTC 2017

This is a great step.

Is there a document that sets out the context for this spec and provides
the full details ? It would be useful for outreach.

satish

On Nov 12, 2017 9:24 AM, "Don Hollander" <don.hollander at icann.org> wrote:

That is indeed good news.

Are there other constraints to the email input type?  Does it allow unicode
on the other side of the ‘@‘?   Does it include any validation?   And field
length constraints?

> On 12/11/2017, at 4:13 PM, Chaals McCathie Nevile <chaals at yandex.ru>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> just to note that this week we reached a provisional agreement to change
the HTML email input type, and make it accept a unicode value before the
"@" instead of the current restriction to ASCII. Once we get this change
made and published - hopefully in a few weeks - we would appreciate help
encouraging browsers to implement it fast.

> cheers
>
> chaals
>
> --
> Chaals is Charles McCathie Nevile