[UA-discuss] Progress on HTML and email...

Jothan Frakes jothan at jothan.com
Tue Nov 14 00:24:47 UTC 2017

To me, personally speaking, both a-label and u-label should be "universally
accepted" in forms.

In a utopian world, it should just be the u-label always, but that assumes
everything works correctly everywhere with ux, forms and what not.

It has been my experience that if someone is entering an a-label they are
not the standard user, and they are doing so to override ux concerns and
eai.  They have some understanding of how a/u works, have something
functional with the domain name, and are wanting to ensure that the domain
they entered works correctly, bypassing the ux / other systems (eai) that
may not be working as expected.

If a person filling out a form takes the initiative on entering the
appropriate registry's a-label, they should not be penalized for it.