[UA-discuss] Progress on HTML and email...

Chaals McCathie Nevile chaals at yandex.ru
Wed Nov 15 11:06:40 UTC 2017

On Mon, 13 Nov 2017 05:04:48 +0100, Richard Merdinger
<rmerdinger at godaddy.com> wrote:

> +1 on the kudos as well as a hint on where those of us new to the
> standards relating to the email input type can find details.

Someone else already posted the link, but what is under discussion is the
defintion of the "email" input type in HTM, with the current draft being:
https://w3c.github.io/html/sec-forms.html#email-state-typeemail

We *agreed* to update this so that it accepts unicodce on the LHS, but we
have not yet done the editorial work to make it happen.

Andrew's comments have been closest to describing what I believe our spec
intends - so at the very least there is some more editorial work to do on
expressing this more clearly.

Contributions are welcome (although of course there is the requirement for
IPR commitment according to W3C's patent policy). Best way to contribute
is through github, if you have an account:
https://github.com/w3c/html/issues

It is also possible to email comments to public-html at w3.org - which is
publicly archived.

cheers