[UA-discuss] Re : Programming Language Hacks

Dr. AJAY D A T A ajay at data.in
Thu Oct 12 03:28:19 UTC 2017

Thank you Don the document looks good. It may be also good idea to add "local script" like "hindi" in examples tables to make it relevant for local audience. Hope you will be fine with that. We have referenced "the entire TLD length is less than 253 characters"  . Is it a good idea to also mention :-The format of email addresses is local-part at domain where the local-part may be up to 64 characters long and the domain name may have a maximum of 253 characters - but the maximum 256 characters length of a forward or reverse path restricts the entire email address to be no more than 254 characters.
 --------reference point for UASG--------
 RFC 5321
4.5.3.1.1.  Local-part

The maximum total length of a user name or other local-part is 64
octets  .

4.5.3.1.2.  Domain

The maximum total length of a domain name or number is 255 octets  .

4.5.3.1.3.  Path

The maximum total length of a reverse-path or forward-path is 256
octets (including the punctuation and element separators).----------- end of reference--------The above will also not suffice as Unicode email addresses will have different length. Since the maximum byte length of characters is 4 in UTF-8, it may be a good idea to multiply above limits by 4 and than use it to avoid breaks and broken users experience. Thanks

Dr. Ajay DATA  | Founder &amp CEO

Get email id like अजय@डाटा.भारत in your own language,visit www.xgenplus.com

From: Don Hollander   MailId : [74549175]To: Universal Acceptance Subject: [UA-discuss] Programming Language HacksDate: 12 Oct 2017 12:41:21 AM  We&rsquove just finished the third of our Guest Editorials . We call it UA103 - Programming Language Hacks .We&rsquove designed this (and UA101 &amp UA102) so that YOU can take them and modify for your local (geographic or professional or industry) community and get them published - either under your name, my name, or anonymously . (Our preference is to have your name so that it better resonates with your local community)And this is what it looks like in New Zealand . https://techblog .nz/1384-Programming-Language-Hacks DonDon HollanderUniversal Acceptance Steering GroupSkype: don_hollanderWe&rsquove just finished the third of our Guest Editorials .  We call it UA103 - Programming Language Hacks  .

We&rsquove designed this (and UA101 &amp UA102) so that YOU can take them and modify for your local (geographic or professional or industry) community and get them published - either under your name, my name, or anonymously.   (Our preference is to have your name so that it better resonates with your local community)

And this is what it looks like in New Zealand.  https://techblog.nz/1384-Programming-Language-Hacks

Don

Don Hollander
Universal Acceptance Steering Group
Skype: don_hollander

Do not Remove:[HID]2017101200412123[-HID]