[UA-discuss] numbers as authenticaion ID

Vittorio Bertola vittorio.bertola at open-xchange.com
Fri Oct 20 07:41:17 UTC 2017

> Il 20 ottobre 2017 alle 7.18 Tex Texin <textexin at xencraft.com> ha scritto:
>     Ajay, ok I misunderstood when you asked “do you think its also idea worth exploring in EAI and IDN`s to also map them with numerical ID”.
>     I thought this meant you wanted to use digits there.
>     The table doesn’t show that the # of phones to population is 96%, since people that have phones may have more than one number. The page indicates for china the near 100% is actually 60% of the population.

Yes, you should always check whether statistics refer to the number of distinct people or to the number of subscriptions/numbers/devices, which is often what is used to measure "mobile phone penetration". In terms of subscriptions, the penetration of mobile phones in Italy is around 160%, but "only" 94% of Italians have a mobile phone, though the remaining 6% is essentially made of small children.



Vittorio Bertola
Research & Innovation Engineer

Cell: 	+39 348 7015022
Skype: 	in-skype-ox at bertola.eu
Email: 	vittorio.bertola at open-xchange.com mailto:vittorio.bertola at open-xchange.com
Twitter: @openexchange http://twitter.com/openexchange - Facebook: OpenXchange https://www.facebook.com/OpenXchange - Web: www.open-xchange.com http://www.open-xchange.com
Open-Xchange AG, Rollnerstr. 14, 90408 Nuremberg, District Court Nuremberg HRB 24738
Managing Board: Rafael Laguna de la Vera, Carsten Dirks, Michael Knapstein
Chairman of the Board: Richard Seibt

European Office:
Open-Xchange GmbH, Olper Huette 5f, D-57462 Olpe, Germany, District Court Siegen, HRB 8718
Managing Directors: Frank Hoberg, Martin Kauss

US Office:
Open-Xchange. Inc., 530 Lytton Avenue, Palo Alto, CA 94301, USA
Confidentiality Warning: This message and any attachments are intended only for the use of the intended recipient(s), are confidential, and may be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any review, retransmission, conversion to hard copy, copying, circulation or other use of this message and any attachments is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail, and delete this message and any attachments from your system.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://mm.icann.org/pipermail/ua-discuss/attachments/20171020/508c1c2d/attachment.html>
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: image1.png
Type: image/png
Size: 6064 bytes
Desc: not available
URL: <http://mm.icann.org/pipermail/ua-discuss/attachments/20171020/508c1c2d/image1.png>

More information about the UA-discuss mailing list