[UA-discuss] [Ext] Pending Documents for Publication

Don Hollander don.hollander at icann.org
Fri Sep 1 20:11:13 UTC 2017

Thanks Dennis.

The Comms folks are suggesting we publish at least the Browser Review and the Website review at the same time to give media more ‘meat’ at one time.

Most of the documents have been circulating for comment in a vanilla form for some time.

Don

> On 2/09/2017, at 7:44 AM, Tan Tanaka, Dennis <dtantanaka at verisign.com> wrote:
>
> Can I suggest that UASG publishes one document at a time, perhaps one week apart, so that it gives us time to review?
>
> Thanks,
> -Dennis
>
> From: <ua-discuss-bounces at icann.org <mailto:ua-discuss-bounces at icann.org>> on behalf of Jovenet Consulting <contact at jovenet.email <mailto:contact at jovenet.email>>
> Date: Thursday, August 31, 2017 at 3:45 AM
> To: Don Hollander <don.hollander at icann.org <mailto:don.hollander at icann.org>>
> Cc: "UA-discuss at icann.org <mailto:UA-discuss at icann.org>" <ua-discuss at icann.org <mailto:ua-discuss at icann.org>>
> Subject: [EXTERNAL] Re: [UA-discuss] Pending Documents for Publication
>
> Can someone get back to me and confirms:
> 1.      What to publish (a hyperlink to a website)?
> 2.      When to publish?
>
> On Thu, Aug 31, 2017 at 2:18 AM, Don Hollander <don.hollander at icann.org <mailto:don.hollander at icann.org>> wrote:
> Please find attached documents for final comments before we publish:
>
> 04a – A review of popular browsers for UA Readiness – Spoiler alert – most are OK, but few handle the open dot or IDNs as we expect them to.   Some browser developers may see this as a feature and not a bug.
>
> 04c – a look at the issues that have been raised through our UA Complaints process and their resolution.  Short answer, not too many raised and even fewer resolved by the website developer
>
> 04d – A look at Websites and how UA Ready they are.  Good news – 7% accepted all names and just 7% accepted none of our sample set.  Bad news, just 7% accepted all names.
>
> 04g – UASG Programming Language Evaluation Criteria
>
> 06a – Revised UASG010 – Quick Guide to Linkification
>
> 06b – Revised UASG014 – Quick Guide to EAI
>
> Don
>

> --
>

> Jean Guillon
> contact at jovenet.email <mailto:contact at jovenet.email>
> Phone: +33.631109837
> www.jovenet.consulting[jovenet.consulting] <https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.jovenet.consulting&d=DwMGaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=YI0XKyKCabKQi3GVWLvuoyCWjH9WBgEBxLbMnmhSRwo&m=1P-eqr0jE-r-8cHBBTGRkIZ73E2qdSzZTsEy661aevs&s=aRz312jtSDX_1Nct5mSbGsTTH5ijYHYpb7wfSJG95Uo&e=>
Don Hollander
Universal Acceptance Steering Group
Skype: don_hollander