[UA-discuss] [Ext] Pending Documents for Publication

Andre Schappo A.Schappo at lboro.ac.uk
Mon Sep 4 13:01:53 UTC 2017

One thing that I think is both positive and newsworthy is https://мвд.рф<https://%D0%BC%D0%B2%D0%B4.%D1%80%D1%84> which has an Alexa ranking of #8184. This is very good for an IDN. Such a good ranking does indicate high usage of the IDN. There may be other IDNs that have good Alexa rankings.

...and... I have just noticed that the ASCII https://mvd.ru redirects to the IDN https://МВД.рф<https://%D0%9C%D0%92%D0%94.%D1%80%D1%84> which is newsworthy and a positive for IDNs. As you are all aware it is frequently the case that an IDN redirects to an ASCII

Anyone know of an IDN with a better Alexa ranking?

André