[UA-discuss] Regular Expression

Andrew Sullivan ajs at anvilwalrusden.com
Wed Sep 13 05:48:12 UTC 2017

On Tue, Sep 12, 2017 at 05:31:55PM -0300, Rubens Kuhl wrote:

> Single IDN TLDs for some scripts is something being considered for subsequent procedures, so I would think of 1 or more and prevent the same UA challenges previous rounds TLDs are suffering.

Wait, what?  Like "localpart at IDN-TLD"?  That won't work.  It would
require an update of the mail standards.  (I explained this to people
many years ago when they were preparing marketing materials about
'someone at brand', and was of course ignored by people who wanted to
cash in on snake oil sales, but it still doesn't work.)

Andrew Sullivan
ajs at anvilwalrusden.com