[UA-discuss] UASG010 - Quick Guide to Linkification

Tex Texin textexin at xencraft.com
Sat Sep 30 03:22:47 UTC 2017

Asmus, I can understand why forum operators would apply those restrictions, but as you indicate, they don’t apply to new links in other contexts.

However, coming back to linkification, the guidelines don’t address the query and fragment portions of a URL. As with the distinction to apply the script set rules to labels, it is worth pointing out in the guidelines that those rules do not apply to the portion after the “?” unless perhaps the query portion in turn is a URL.

Example 1  http://domain.com/?refer= http://newdomain.com

Example 2  http://domain.com/?title=script1 <http://domain.com/?title=script1&author=script2&quote=script1+script2+script3> &author=script2&quote=script1+script2+script3

The guidelines doesn’t address escapes. Should linkification attempt to unescape escaped characters? That might make the process much more complex. However, ignoring escapes might also lead to very inconsistent results.

tex