[UA-discuss] EuroDIG 2018

Roberto Gaetano roberto_gaetano at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 2 18:03:28 UTC 2018

Hi all.
Is anybody planning to attend the EuroDIG 2018, that will take place in Tbilisi, Georgia, from 5 to 6 June 2018 (with a Day 0 Monday 4 June)? See https://www.eurodig.org.
One of the topics on the agenda is Universal Acceptance. I have volunteered to be the focal point for this topic - which does not mean to be the “expert”, just the person who tries to get things going 😊.
As you can see from the session page https://eurodigwiki.org/wiki/WS_06_2018 it is pretty much work in progress. Actually, to be honest, “work just being started, but already late”.
I believe that it was an opportunity not to be missed, considering that in Georgia we will have local people attending - who’s native language uses a non-latin script - and wide participation from neighbouring countries and Eastern Europe - that share a similar situation. However, for turning this into a success - or at least a useful session - we need to have participation by people who can explain the technical issues and the way forward. I could do it, but not being an expert I believe that participation from the “real" folks will be instrumental to widen the awareness - and possibly to further participation.
Best regards,
Roberto